Saturday 16 July 2016

Taste Test: Coopers Australian Lager

This was my first attempt at beer making, and it was very successful. I bought the Coopers DIY beer kit that came with an Australian Lager malt extract.

I made it up as per instructions and sampled a little when bottling. It says that it makes 40pints, but I got 37 pints out of it, but I stopped bottling when the sediment was being picked up by the siphon.

After 2 weeks in the bottle I started drinking and sharing with friend and family and to my surprise everyone seemed to enjoy it. In fact if anything it was me that was more critical on it's taste, I found it a little too yeasty in flavor, but as the weeks past and the more I sampled, the less this was noticeable and it matured into a very, very enjoyable drink.

Two months after bottling, needless to say, they had all gone and they were most enjoyable. I probably wouldn't do anything different apart from maybe leaving it longer before drinking. I would highly recommend and will be making again in the future.

I hope you like the review and video, please feel free to like and comment etc

No comments:

Post a Comment